EarthCape Windows Client is shipped with MSI (Microsoft Installer) that normally requires administrator rights to install.
Contact your IT administration for instructions how to install it in case you do not have administrator account.
EarthCape Web Client is an ASP.NET based web application and requires a Web Server (IIS) to be hosted on.
NOTE: if you are not administering the database yourself, contact your database or system administrator about your database options, login credentials and host address.
EarthCape Windows Client default configuration will create SQLite database in user's C:\ProgramData\EarthCape folder.
Default Admin user is created with empty password and set by the user upon first login.
Database connection parameters are located in EarthCape.Win.exe.config and web.config files for windows and web clients respectively.
Connection string can be modified to connect to one of the supported database engines.
Example connection strings:
- localhost: your host address
- db_user: your database username
- db_password: your database login password
<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="XpoProvider=MySql;Server=localhost;Database=ec_database;User Id=db_user;password=db_password;persist security info=true"/>
<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=c:\earthcape.db3;Version=3;" providerName="System.Data.SQLite" />
MS SQL Server connection, Windows authentication:
<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Integrated Security=SSPI;Pooling=false;Data Source=;Initial Catalog=earthcape"/>
MS SQL Server connection, SQL server authentication:
<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="User Id=db_user;password=;Data Source=db_password;Initial Catalog=earthcape"/>
If permissions allow a new database will be created on the server upon first connection. Admin user is created with an empty password and prompted to set a password on first login.
- Locate configuration files for respective applications (EarthCape.Win.exe.config for Windows Client in the installation target folder or Web.config for Web Client)
- Make sure key "TraceLogLocation" has value "ApplicationFolder"
- Change switch "eXpressAppFramework" value from "0" to "1"
- After encountering an error, send file eXpressAppFramework.log to support along with the description of the error and screen shots before the error occurs and of the application screen including the error.